John Berglund grew up the sixth of nine children in a Midwestern Catholic family from St. Louis. After studying Aerospace Engineering at the University of Illinois, he worked at McDonnell Aircraft, then returned to Washington University for a Masters in Architecture.
In 2011, he took over Mira, a software development company, which had been struggling for some time, returning it to profitability within three years. He has been active with several organizations, most recently EO Entrepreneur’s Organization and St. Roch’s School.
John’s latest venture, StarLake Holdings, is looking for exceptional privately held businesses. More information can be found at www.starlakeholdings.com.
- University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign
- BS, Aerospace Engineering
- Washington University St. Louis, MO
- MA, Architecture
- EO St. Louis Chapter – member
- St. Roch’s Catholic School – board member
- Arch Grants – Judge
- Central West End Association – former President, various committee chairs
- Third Degree Glass – former board member
- The University Club – former board member, committee chair
- Missouri & Illinois – registered architect (inactive status)