In his first book, Rare Company, St. Louis entrepreneur and author John Berglund uses his dry wit and clear writing style to tell readers how an elite group of successful St. Louis business owners overcame obstacles as they built and grew their companies. Each one has a captivating story to tell. The common themes are drawn together to provide readers with real-life “lessons learned” that apply to any business.
Rare Company tells how 30 business leaders achieved their goals, including:
- Howard Lerner, Kaldi’s Coffee
- Maxine Clark, Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Brian Mathews, Cultivation Capital
- Joe Edwards, Blueberry Hill
- John Marlow, The Great Forest Park Balloon Race
- Chris Sommers, Pi Pizza
- Tom Schlafly, St. Louis Brewery
- Ray Hartmann, The Riverfront Times
Rare Company is an insightful, entertaining, and instructional guide for any would-be entrepreneur based on the experiences of those who have actually gone through the challenging process of building a business.
Book may be purchased online or locally:
399 N. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63108
6275 Delmar Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63130
7352 Manchester Road
St. Louis, MO 63143